Sandi Higgins (E-RYT 200, YACEP) approaches yoga as a path to cultivate mind, body, & spirit, to find balance in relationships, and to attain a lifestyle that harmonizes with nature and all beings. She teaches rigorous ashtanga based vinyasa yoga classes on land and community inspired playful yoga classes in the water.
In the Ashtanga tradition, yoga is a gradual path, a gradual progression – a slow and steady way of transforming our suffering into freedom, our confusion into clarity, our fear into courage, our selfishness into generosity. Yoga helps us to cultivate calmness and contentment in our lives, through the ups and downs, through the traumatic setbacks and the ecstatic progressions. The ground is equanimity. The fruit is liberation. The path is the 8 limbed tree of yoga, ever growing.
I also want to say thank you to all the people and places who have shared with me the space to learn and to teach on this ever expanding path of yoga.
We are each other’s (r)evolutions. With gratitude.
• Colorado Athletic Club – Boulder, CO (2018)
• Playful Yogi Space – Orangeburg, NY (2018)
• Bergen County Parks & Hackensack Meridian Health (CHIP) – Westwood, NJ (2018)
• New York University Hindu Center – NYC (2017)
• New York College of Health Professions – NYC (2016 – 2017)
• Bergen County Public Library – River Vale, NJ (2017)
• Powerflow Yoga – Westwood, NJ (2016-2017)
• NYC DOE, Brooklyn International High School – Brooklyn (2017)
• Spectrum Wellness – Old Tappan, NJ (2017)
• Juluka Yoga – Hillsdale, NJ (2016-2017)
• New York Health & Racquet Club – NYC (2015-2016)
• NYC Department of Parks & Recreation – NYC (2013-2016)
• Yoga Nanda – Garden City, NY (2013)
• The Shala – NYC (2013)
Yoga & Meditation Training:
• Ashtanga Yoga Teacher’s Intensive with Richard Freeman & Mary Taylor – Boulder, CO (2018)
• Menla Mountain – Catskills, NY (2017)
• KPJAYI Krishna Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute – Mysore, India (2016)