nourishing the intelligence of body & mind with sustainable health & happiness
On the Mat
Sandi Higgins approaches yoga as a path to spiritual liberation and as a process for the cultivation of the body-mind-breath. With yoga, meditation, and a whole foods plant-based lifestyle, she believes we can all achieve a happy, healthy, naturally inspired, sustainable way of being.
Sandi teaches yoga and meditation on land and in the water. Her classes include: Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Partner & Family Yoga, Kids Yoga, and Aquatic Yoga.
Her yoga teacher training and certifications come from The Shala Yoga House in NY, NY (2013), where she studied and practiced with Barbara Verrochi & Kristin Leigh for over 8 years, with Rainbow Yoga at Sacred Brooklyn, NY (2014) where she received additional training in Kids, Family, and Partner Yoga, with AFAA (the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America) continuing education in Aquatic Fitness in NY, NY (2015), and with The Yoga Workshop in Boulder, CO, where Sandi has studied and practiced Ashtanga Yoga with Richard Freeman & Mary Taylor (2018) and with Ty Landrum (2019).
Sandi also completed her certification in Plant-Based Whole Food Nutrition with eCornell University’s T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies (2019).
Yoga & Meditation Training:
• Second Series Ashtanga Yoga Intensive with Ty Landrum at the Yoga Workshop – Boulder, CO (2019)
• Ashtanga Yoga Teacher’s Intensive with Richard Freeman & Mary Taylor – Boulder, CO (2018)
• Menla Mountain Buddha & The Yoginis Retreat with Robert Thurman, Richard Freeman, and Mary Taylor – Catskills, NY (2017)
• KPJAYI Krishna Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute with Sri R. Sharath Jois – Mysore, India (2016)
• Ashtanga Yoga New York with Eddie Stern – NYC (2014-2016)
• Rainbow Kids Yoga with Nayeli Nateras – Brooklyn (2014)
• Karmapa Monastery with Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche – Catskills, NY (2012)
• Chuang Yen Monastery with Ven. Dhammadipa Sak – Carmel, NY (2012-2013)
• Shechen Monastary with Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche and Rabjam Rinpoche – Bodhgaya, India (2011)
• Anindo Chatterjee School of Tabla & Indian Music with Pt. Anindo Chatterjee – Brooklyn, NY (2007-2010)
• The Shala Yoga House with Barbara Verrochi & Kristin Leigh – NYC (2004-2013)